Sunday, March 2, 2014

february bucket list update

If I had to pick two words to describe February 2014, I would use fatigued and failure. "Fatigued," because I have literally been exhausted and stretched to my max the entire month, and "failure," because my bucket list was a bust in February! I must say, I am a little excited that the horrendous weather we are having today has forced me to stay inside and rest... Without guilt. And although another snow day means we will now be in school until the 4th of July, I am excited for another "forced" day of rest tomorrow too.

I hope this update finds you well, friends!

My 2014 Bucket List:  Update #2

1.     Establish an 8:00-4:30 workday… January and ongoing…
Yikes... This one was a little rotten. Like more than a little rotten. I DO make it to work to privately tutor at 7:30 on Wednesday mornings, and I DO tutor my students until 5:00 on the same evening... But that does not make up for the number of days I arrived at 8:30 (or even later...) For the record I am supposed to be at school by 8:25, so technically if I make it by then, I'm doing okay... But still not completing my goal.

2.     Compile addresses into an address book… February
Done! In fact I didn't like any if the address books at Target, so I bought a cute little notebook and made my own. I just stuck a cute little chalkboard label on it a few moments ago (on March 2nd) but the majority of the book was done in February.

3.     Complete a 7-day cleanse… March
This will have to be amended for March. I'm not 100% sure how yet, but in order to make up snow days, two days were taken out of spring break, which was when I was planning to cleanse. I may do a green smoothie challenge toward the end of the month and detox once on summer break. Any/all suggestions are welcome on this one!

4.     Do a 30-Day Plank Challenge… April

5.     Plan one date per month…
Did it! Kind of. The February date I planned was actually last night, March 1st. We went to see a great play at Theatre Squared in Fayetteville. It was called "Good People." We both really enjoyed it, plus, I was able to order a 30 under 30 ticket for $10! We decided that we need to capitalize on cheap tickets for Sarah in the next 2 years!

6.     Organize and Deep CLEAN home… June

7.     Complete all started and purchased for crafts… July

8.     Go to Pilates at least three times per week…
This went about the same as it did in January. I'm going about twice a week right now, and would like to step it back up in March. Especially before I take the plank challenge in April! 

9.     Have three designated “quiet times” per week…
 I don't even want to talk about it. Any/all suggestions are welcome here too. This is seriously one of my biggest struggles. On the positive side, I did spend time in prayer (writing in my prayer journal), and truly believe I heard from God. He is teaching me a lot about obedience and patience.

10. Create and update a monthly budget…
Annnnnnnd.... Suggestions welcome. I may have to ask David to be the captain of this ship.

11. PAY OFF DEBT… (30-40K goal)
No major debt payoff to report. Hopefully there will be something good to report soon!

12. Christmas presents bought and cards sent by 12/1/14… November

13. Blog twice per month…
This did not happen in February either. I thought about it several times... But never got around to it. :(

  I will repeat what I said at the end of my last update:  I do enjoy this reflection time. I know that I can accomplish these goals, it's just a matter of doing them. I am currently having conversations with a student who has now missed two tests and has also neglected to do most of his homework for the semester about needing to turn things around if he wants to pass my class. His response has been, "I will try to do better." I keep replying, "It's not about trying, it's about doing." I need to give myself the same pep talk for March and just get out there and kick my bucket list's booty!




No comments:

Post a Comment